6 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
1.5 kg minced beef
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 hard-boiled eggs
Baharat spice mixture
Red pepper flakes (not very hot)
Pyrex baking dish
- Make mashed potatoes - mash the cooked potatoes with milk or butter, spice with salt and nutmeg.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot and fry the onions.
- When the onions begin to brown, add the chopped garlic and stir.
- Add the minced beef and stir until browned. Keep stirring to prevent chunks from forming.
- Spice with salt, baharat mixture, pepper flakes and ketchup.
- Take off the heat. Dice the eggs and add to the meat.
- Lightly oil a Pyrex baking dish.
- Spread a layer of mashed potatoes.
- Spread a layer of meat.
- Cover with more mashed potatoes
- Score the top layer with a fork and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven under medium-high heat (250 deg C) for about 20 minutes, until the cheese browns.